The definitions and rules of interpretation in Clause 1 of the TOS also apply to this Policy. For the purposes of this Policy, “Client” shall be deemed to also include a reference to the Client’s Authorised User(s).
1 DATA THAT MAY BE COLLECTED FROM THE CLIENT
Multichannel may collect and process the following data (“Personal Data”) about the Client:
- (a)information that the Client provides by filling in forms on this website (https://multichannel.net). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this website, subscribing to the Services, posting material or requesting further services. Multichannel may also ask the Client for information when it reports a problem with this website;
- (b)if the Client contacts Multichannel, Multichannel may keep a record of that correspondence;
- (c)Multichannel may also ask the Client to complete surveys for research purposes, although the Client does not have to respond to them;
- (d)details of transactions the Client carries out through this website and of the fulfilment of the Client’s orders;
- (e)details of the Client’s visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Multichannel’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that the Client accesses;
- (f)keyword data; and
- (g)any other information that the Client submit in the course of using this website or the Services.
2 IP ADDRESSES
Multichannel may collect information about the Client’s computer, including where available the Client’s IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to Multichannel’s advertisers. This is statistical data about the Client’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
4 WHERE MULTICHANNEL STORES PERSONAL DATA
- 4.1Multichannel will take reasonable steps to protect any Personal Data from loss, misuse, authorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction and generally shall comply with all applicable laws in Hong Kong relating to the protection of personal data.
- 4.2The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Multichannel will do its best to protect any Personal Data, Multichannel cannot guarantee the security of the Client’s personal data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at the Client’s own risk. Once Multichannel has received the Client’s personal data, Multichannel will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 4.3All information the Client provides to Multichannel is stored on Multichannel’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology. The Client is responsible for keeping any passwords confidential and shall not share its password(s) with any third parties.
5 USES MADE OF PERSONAL DATA
- 5.1Multichannel may use Personal Data in the following ways:
- (a)to retain details of transactions the Client carries out through this website and of the fulfilment of the Client’s orders;
- (b)to respond to the Client’s requests;
- (c)to personalise and facilitate the Client’s access to this website and the Services;
- (d)to develop records, including records of Personal Data;
- (e)for analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve products, services and content;
- (f)to enforce the terms of the TOS, this Policy and any other rules governing the use of this website and the Services;
- (g)to carry out Multichannel’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between Multichannel and the Client;
- (h)to protect Multichannel’s rights or property;
- (i)to protect the health, safety or welfare of others;
- (j)to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, court orders or other legal processes;
- (k)to provide the Client with information, products or services that the Client has requested or which Multichannel feels may interest the Client, including without limitation information about new publications, reports, services or products of Multichannel, where the Client has consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- (l)to allow the Client to participate in interactive features of the Services, when the Client has chosen to do so; and
- (m)to notify the Client about any changes to this website or the Services.
- 5.2Where Multichannel permits selected third parties to use the Client’s Personal Data, Multichannel (or such third parties) will contact the Client by electronic means only if the Client has consented to this.
- 5.3If the Client does not want Personal Data to be used in this way, or passed on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Multichannel collects the Client’s data.
6 DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- 6.1Multichannel will not share the Personal Data with unrelated third parties without the Client’s prior written consent, except as otherwise provided in this Policy.
- 6.2Multichannel reserves the right to disclose who its clients are to any third parties, including disclosure on this website and in its marketing materials.
- 6.3Multichannel will not sell, exchange or publish the Personal Data, with the following exceptions:
- (a)Multichannel may disclose Personal Data to its affiliates;
- (b)Multichannel may disclose Personal Data to third parties:in the event that it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case it may disclose Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;if Multichannel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it will be one of the transferred assets; orif Multichannel is under a duty to disclose or share Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the TOS or any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Multichannel, its clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7 THE CLIENT’S RIGHTS
- 7.1The Client has the right to request Multichannel not to process its Personal Data for marketing purposes. Multichannel will usually inform the Client (before collecting the Personal Data) if Multichannel intends to use such Personal Data for such purposes or if Multichannel intends to disclose such Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. The Client can exercise its right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Multichannel uses to collect the Client’s data. The Client can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Multichannel using the contact section of this website.
- 7.2This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Multichannel’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If the Client follows a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Multichannel does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before submitting any personal data to these websites.
8 ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
The Client may request access to or the correction of Personal Data held about the Client by written notice to Multichannel.
- 9.1Any changes Multichannel may make to this Policy in future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to the Client by email.
10 CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be submitted via contact section of this website.